Getting women into trouble
and men out of it since 1893
C.A. Randolph established the firm in 1893 and was later joined by Robert Ernst who purchased part interest in the store later becoming sole owner upon Mr Randolph’s retirement. In the early 1900’s, the merchandise mix included jewelry, sewing machines, musical instruments, sporting goods, post cards, fishing tackle and stationary.
Robert A. Ernst joined his father in 1930 and the business name was changed to “Robert Ernst Jewelry Store.” The senior Robert Ernst died in 1942. In1953 the bridal and gift part of the business was moved three buildings away under the direction of Lois B.Ernst, and a new store “Mt. Vernon Jewelry and Gift Shop” was opened. Both Lois and Robert A. Ernst retired in 1975.
In 1964 Robert C.Ernst joined his father in business. Ernst Jewelers Inc. was incorporated in 1976 to include both stores operated by Robert C. Ernst and his wife, Sunny W. Ernst. A fourth generation Ernst, Robert C. Ernst, Jr. joined the operation of the family jewelry store in 1994. His wife, Blythe M. Ernst, continued the tradition as a third generation Ernst wife to manage Mt vernon Gift Shop.
Robert C. and Sunny Ernst retired in 2005. Robert and Blythe closed Mt Vernon Gift Shop in 2009 and completed a major remodel of the jewelry store. New updates came again in 2019 with another remodel, including the store’s exterior.
Ernst Jewelers is one of the oldest family owned and operated jewelry stores in the state of Texas. We hope to continue to serve our clients with the absolute best quality and customer service for many years to come.
“Getting women into trouble and men out of it since 1893.”